Archive for June, 2006

1st Anniversary of my First Love (16 June 2006)

Sunday, June 18th, 2006

Damn it.Img_0018

He kept everything in secret. He just said he will pick me up when I left office.

I have told myself not to expecting anything special. However, because he zipped up his mouth. I was really expecting something special.

He gave me so many questions that night. "Where do you want to have dinner?" "Where do you want to go next?" Hey! You should be the one who planned the day!

So, I tore in The Spagetti House. You see! We had our anniversary dinner in Spagetti House! I didn’t say a word. I have told myself not to tear again in front of him. However, I tore that night because of the disappointment. At the same time, I got a stomachache.

He asked me if we can go to see World Cup Match in the pub, but my stomach was terribly aching. I suggested to go home.

On the bus, I still kept tearing. He asked me why. I told him when we walked home.

I appreciate his patience of comforting me. He promised to change. He is happy when being with me no matter what we are doing. I don’t mind just having a dinner on the special day but please let me know in advance. I will learn not to expecting anything.

Next examination - My 26th birthday on 28 July 2006.

Free Coffee with no Embarrassment

Thursday, June 15th, 2006

Haha.

I got an access card of the dub bay of another company so that I can go in and out by myself. I was told that the access card cannot access the level of pantry, where I can get a cup of Free Pacific Coffee!! So usually, if I would like to have a free coffee, I need to ask the dubbing operator lending us their card, which is quite embarrassing for me.

Yesterday, I gave a try to use my access card to open the door of the pantry level. And I succeeded!! So I can get the coffee whenever I want now!

Jasmine Women 茉莉花開 (2004)

Sunday, June 11th, 2006

Directed by Yong Hou

Credited cast: Ziyi Zhang…. Young Mo/young Li/young Hua

rest of cast listed alphabetically
Joan Chen…. Mo’s Mother/Elder Mo/Elder Li
Wen Jiang…. Mr. Meng
Ye Liu…. Xia Du
Yi Lu…. Zou Jie

Actually, I can’t say this is a good movie. Quite cliche… Three generation of women in the same family have nearly same destiny - abandoned by her beloved man after having a baby. A thing that is quite interesting is that the mothers of the three generation are all acted by Joan Chen (陳沖) and the daughters are acted by Ziyi Zhang (章子怡). So when a daughter Ziyi grows old, the old look of the daughter is Joan Chen… I should say they are acting quite good in the film, which makes the movie more interesting then it is. Moreover, I should say the handsome guys Liu Ye(劉燁) and Lu Yi make the movie more attractive to me…. hahaha…

A few quotes from the movie

Scene 1

Mom.

Where the heck were you last night?
昨天夜裡你死哪裡去了?

We shot very late last night.
昨天拍戲太晚了

You come home no matter how late!
你再晚都要回家的呀

Sneaking around…
勾勾搭搭

You’ll be the death of me!
你的臉還要不要了

Mom!
媽!

Explain yourself at home.
你回家給我講清楚

But I didn’t do anything.
昨天晚上我沒做什麼呀

Mr. Meng treats me very well.
孟先生待我很好的呀!

Shut up! Have some self-respect!
哇啦哇啦 不想做人了是嗎?

Get home right now!
給我死回去!

Mom, we’re shooting again tonight.
媽 我今天夜裡還要拍電影……

Shooting again tonight? Not coming home?
今天夜裡還要拍 還不回家?

So you can be with your Mr. Meng!
還要跟你那個孟先生在一道!

He really is a good man.
孟先生真的是好人

I’m an employee, he is my boss.
我是公司的人 他是公司的老板

An employee? Are you feverish?
公司的人?你熱昏頭了

You’re my daughter!
你是我女兒呀

Girls in our family don’t make movies!
我們家不許女孩子出去拍電影!

You’re going home with me.
你給我回來

Mom, don’t be like this!
媽 你别這樣呀

I’ll come home after I finish the movie!
我拍完電影就回去!

Scene 2

I know it’s not your style, but this is how we live.
我知道你不習慣 可我家就這個條件

You want to live like this for a long time.
你要有長期的思想準備

I know. I’m prepared.
我知道 我有準備

Lili, we agreed to be mutually reliant and
莉莉 我們說好要相互幫助

progress together.
共同進步的

If there’s a problem, don’t keep it inside.
要是有事 不要壓在心裡

I’m just afraid, later …
我怕以後

what will I do if you treat me badly?
你要是對我不好了該怎麼辦?

Oh, you… That won’t happen.
你這人 不會的

Hey, let’s cut the bourgeois sentimentalism.
唉 我們不要太小資情調了

Scene 3

Afraid of what?
你怕什麼呢?

Losing you.
我怕失去你

As the days go by,
日子一天天的過下去

our love will only fade.
我們的感情就一天天的淡下去